- Foundation for Longer Life
- Triple Action Shield from Simple Carbohydrates
- Dietary Supplement
Tri Sugar Shield
Many aging individuals find themselves under assault from rising blood sugar levels. Despite a healthy diet and exercise, blood sugar levels can rise due to a number of factors including excess gluconeogenesis where by the liver produces glucose from protein. Another issue is the rapid conversion of any starch, including whole grains, into glucose. The result is that even health-conscious, active people can experience higher-than-desired blood sugar levels as they age.
An all-natural, multi-pronged approach has been designed to support the natural balance of key glucose pathways. Tri Sugar Shield provides three plant-derived nutrients thatâ€”through their rich array of complementary mechanismsâ€”afford an unrivaled level of optimal, broad-spectrum support for healthy glucose metabolism in aging individuals within normal range.
Life Extension Tri Sugar Shield contains the following three nutrients:
Sorghum Bran Extract
Sorghum is a grass plant found in Southern Asia that helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels, among those in the normal range, by modulating four different mechanisms:
- Balances the rate of sugar manufacture in the liver (gluconeogenesis).
- Promotes insulin sensitivity.
- Regulates PPAR-gamma, a metabolic thermostat controlling glucose metabolism.
- Regulates the enzyme alpha-amylase, which in turn controls the release of sugar found in starch.
Mulberry leaf extract
Mulberry leaf has been used in Chinese traditional medicine for centuries. Mulberry leaf extract targets three different mechanisms:
- Targets the alpha-glucosidase enzyme to regulate conversion of starch into glucose.
- Supports glucose transporter GLUT4 that moves glucose out of the bloodstream and into muscle and liver cells.
- Promotes insulin sensitivity.
Phloridzin is a natural polyphenol found in various fruit trees. Phloridzin helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels, among those in the normal range by:
- Targeting carrier protein SGLT1, in turn helping to block the absorption of glucose into the bloodstream.
- Targeting carrier protein SGLT2, in turn supporting glucose elimination via urine.
By targeting all of these diverse glucose pathways, Life Extension Tri Sugar Shield delivers the widest possible support to help naturally stabilize already healthy glucose levels.
Read the entire label and follow the directions carefully prior to use.
Take one (1) capsule twice daily immediately before the heaviest carbohydrate or sugar containing meals/drinks, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, maltodextrin, silica, vegetable stearate.
Caution: If you are taking blood glucose lowering medication, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
To report a serious adverse event or obtain product information, contact 1-866-280-2852.